Monday 4 November 2013

Bonfire Night




Growing up I always remember looking forward to Bonfire night. Possibly the most important family tradition in our household, the only one we all without fail never miss. Wherever life may have placed me in recent years, I have always returned home for what might quite possibly be my favourite night of the year.

My mum always cooks a festive feast of hot-dogs, burgers, and jacket potatoes followed by a slice of parkin and a mug of hot chocolate to warm us up before we head out.

We are lucky that my Grandad owns land which feels like it was created especially to host our yearly gathering. Surrounded by fields, and beyond you can see the distant glow of nearby towns, perfect for us to view everyone else's fireworks whilst sitting by our own cosy fire.

However you celebrate bonfire night I hope it is just as magical.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment