Tuesday 30 August 2011

Into The Wild

I just had to do this Blog post <3

One of the things I love the most about working in a bookshop is being able to have genuine conversations with people who love books as much as I do. One day a customer came in and requested the following book:


I looked up the book which the computer informed me would be in the travel writing section. After locating the book and placing it in the customers hand I saw her face light up. "Have you seen the film?" she asked. "No, it's not one I have heard of actually" I replied. "Oh you MUST watch it! It is fantastic, so good I knew I must read the book!" I must admit I am one for a good cover, and this appealed for me. The title also  caught my interest. "I will definitely watch out for it, it sounds good!" I replied.

A few months later I was trying to think of a good film for me and Jonny boy to watch whilst in HMV and spotted into the wild on sale for £3. I bought it and its one that we both loved. The film is based on the true story of Chris McCandless aka Alex Supertramp and his quest to survive alone in the Alaskan wilderness away from all modern civilisation.

On his way into the wild he meets many people, and the film shows how he touches and changes the lives of those around him. It even, dare I say it now takes my top spot in favourite movies! After seeing the film I recently also read the book which added a lot of depth and background information on some of the characters shown in the film.

I would recommend this to anyone who has a bit of a gypsy soul inside themselves like myself, or to anyone who dreams of spending time somewhere beautiful. Watch the film before reading the book though!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Awwww glad to see you back on here :)

    I've just read your previous post too.
    Sounds like things are getting close to you getting your own place! I bet you can't wait, even if it takes a a few more weeks to find the perfect home, it will be worthwhile I promise.

    I love how much passion you have for books and stories.

    I love you Miss G xxx

    ReplyDelete