Sunday 11 September 2011

Home Sweet Home

Well, I have been missing the Mr like my left arm and was all ready to set up camp like this to be back together. However I knew he would never go for it, I am with Mr Head and he is with Miss Heart.


This fact will never stop me getting carried away with my fantasies and daydreams but it does mean we have to meet somewhere in the middle, which to be honest is a pretty good place to be. At least there will be no creepy crawlies and central heating there right?

I actually was seriously considering living in a tent before we both found work, I though it would be a great adventure, and with my family's camping supplies we would be well kitted out. I imagined cooking on our little camping stove, having hot chocolate whilst lying on a blanket looking up at the stars, and going on long and lovely walks around the countryside.

This probably would have been lovely for a couple of weeks until sleeping on the floor started giving us aches and pains, the cold and rain began to seep in through the thin fabric walls.

As our house hunt started to look even more impossible I wanted to live in a camper van. Something Mr Head insists I would actually hate in reality, and as we began to view properties in idyllic locations I accepted the fact it would have to be a house/flat we went for in the end, but how hard could it be to find a place?


I am pleased to announce at long last we have paid a deposit and bond to secure a place for ourselves. It took a long time to find, and for us to decide what to do. In contrast to my fantasies of roughing it in the great outdoors when it comes to house hunting I want somewhere cosy and gorgeous with all the mod cons. The thought of roughing it in a house just does not appeal, something Mr Head and Miss Heart both firmly agree on.

After our second year of University living in a horrible location we also agreed we would rather have a smaller less nice place in the perfect area, then a perfect house in a horrible area. Although pleased with the place we have found there have definitely been some compromises!

The area could not be more idyllic with flowing streams and lovely areas of green. We are in a flat, rather then the much sought after house. Have one bedroom instead of two, and a very tiny kitchen. I think the kitchen is the main concern as we both love to cook together and bake yummy treats. We will make the best of what we have though. I think the luxury of our student life has made us both quite snobby! Walk in wardrobes, jacuzzi baths, two bedrooms and bathrooms, and mirrored bathroom walls can do this to you! The new place is quite a contras,t but it is almost £200 a month cheaper then our old place which will mean we can save for a house deposit faster, and we are going to have lots of fun making it into a home! <3

We will be together which is the best thing I could possibly ask for, and there is plenty of room for little Moo, I am even now thinking of adding more little piggies to the brood! (but hush hush we can't let Mr Head know of this plan just yet!)


xxx

2 comments:

  1. <3 Awwwwww! The most important thing is that you've found a home! I am sure you will make it your own and you will be back living together now. You must be so happy and relieved :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful blog. Glad you have finally found a home, although I agree the whole tent thing and looking at the stars sounds so romantic! :) X

    ReplyDelete