Monday 12 September 2011

Autumn

Today is windy and the leaves in the garden have a distinct orangey glow, which means Autumn is well on the way, which this year I find quite exciting! I am already planning my next pair of boots and slippers!

I went on a rummage in River Island and found all the summer clothes have been replaced by thick woolly jumpers and cosy comfy's, like I need an excuse to bring out my own thick warm jumpers! I have inherited my mother's love of comfort over anything else, to which my brothers have christened all my clothes as looking like "Flour Bags!" But nothing beats being all cosy and warm on a day like today. Preferably with a hot chocolate, under a blanket with a good book!


As much as I like summer I do love cosy days indoors! In the flat we used to turn on the fairy lights, (Ok that part was all me...!) cook lovely hearty meals, perfect for a cold day such as stew and dumplings, bake lovely treats, and curl up on the sofa to watch a good film. I miss those days but soon will have them back <3

Another thing autumn means is a new addiction to T.V box-sets. I have just discovered Hero's which I am really enjoying, but I feel like I have completely exhausted all of my others such as The O.C, One Tree Hill, SATC, Lost, Grey's Anatomy etc does anyone have any recommendations? I always welcome any excuse to fill my days with American T.V drama! I hope everyone else is enjoying the Autumn weather <3

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love that we share a major love for TV series!!! Um, I am trying to see the new series that are starting this fall, but I too am getting tired of the typical series that we usually watch. If I can find anything good out there I will let you know, and you do the same!!

    Even though Greys Anatomy has been around for awhile, I still don't think I could ever NOT watch an episode though. It's one of my all time favorites! :)

    Annnd- I am SO excited for fall as well - pumpkin spiced latte's are now available at the local coffee shoppes and I couldn't be more excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a sweet post! Thank you for following... you have a great blog over here.

    I love how excited you are for fall! It's Spring here in Aus so that's pretty exciting too.

    TV series pretty much owned my Winter as well. Mine were a little different to the Genre you're into... I got through Weeds and Breaking Bad. Both highly recommended :)

    Have a great week xo

    ReplyDelete