Friday 27 August 2010

Tell me what you dream

I have been so so busy, unfortunately the main bulk of work I have been doing up until now is my visual diary, which isn't that interesting to post, but on the bright side it is now so thick that I don't have a chance of closing the folder I have put all the pages into!



Despite feeling like a sick little bunny for the last two days I have made myself to start my sketchbook, the pictures are all the ones posted here! So far I am really happy with it and have quite enjoyed the reward of working away. My favorite page is the roses <3



They are pencil and ink drawings on white. The background includes pages from the secret garden, the book I am basing my project on.I have also used white, silver, and a metallic pinky lilac paint on the background.

You can only see this if the light is shining on the page in a certain way, I like how each time you look at the page the paint shimmers differently, it gives it the magic and mystery I was hoping for.



I am currently working on another pencil drawing, I know these are by far the best but I can resist adding my swirly doodles here and there! I plan to have a pencil drawing on one page, and a pen or ink on the other. I like the contrast of the two placed together.



Aside from working I have spent a lot of time curled up in bed wishing I was feeling better! The week started well though, I met Naiomi a friend from my textile course she was the one who motivated me to make a start on all of this asap!

The next day I met my friend Alice who gave me the Jacqueline Wilson book Midnight <3I have been after this one for ages and am enjoying it so far!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Your work looks amazing, OMG the roses, the roses! They are so detailed; this page is definitely my favourite too. The silver paint sounds so magical. I love all your work, you know I do <3

    ReplyDelete