Thursday 26 January 2012

Teenage Dream

Ok so like every teenager I spent most of my waking hours out with friends or in my bedroom, something I spent a LOT of time perfecting. The one think I really miss since moving out is being able to make a room my own. In the last 5 years I have had 5 bedrooms, and to be honest after leaving my room back home and having two half hearted attempts at recreating it I have fully given up trying.

The problem with student rooms, or more recently the private rented places is that there is only so much you can do, and repainting a colour of your choice is not an option. With places all being temporary it also seems a bit pointless...


This is a sneak peak of my old room. Instead of the usual baby pink for a girl, my mum did the opposite and went for baby blue. A decision I ADMIRE. I was never a pink girl, right from a young age I have loved blue. I find it such a calming and relaxing colour. I LONG for a blue room again. Sitting in my room back home is so calming and comforting.

At the age of thirteen I was allowed to re-decorate. Already beginning my rebellious phase I asked for navy blue walls. I was told No. In the end I went for a blue/lilacy colour called homecoming. I loved it as soon as I saw it and would not hesitate to use this colour again!


This is my lovely bed, although normally the bed covers were in fact my fave deep purple set which looked a lot better then these! I had fairy lights around the mirror and wardrobe and made a lot of the cushions on the bed myself. I loved No Doubt, Rooney, Nirvana and Inme (hence the posters) I also had many dream catchers, wind chimes and other trinkets dotted around and hanging from the ceiling.


Every handle of my draws were covered with my millions of bracelets and bangles. The top of the draws were covered with oil burners, incense sticks, elephants, elephants, elephants, and a few fairies.

This room now is pretty empty, but the bookcase remains filled with more teenage books then most bookshops probably sell! I cannot wait for a HOUSE with a room, one room that I can transform into my own little space! I will fill it with all things lovely. books and a big comfy sofa I think! It will be very different from my teenage bedroom, but back in the day I loved it and had a lot of fun playing around with it! Furniture was always moving, different posters on the wall each week. The one thing I always wanted though was an attic bedroom. How amazing would that be?

Here are some other bedrooms I love:





xxx

3 comments:

  1. <3 I love this post so much!!!!
    I found a pic of my old dressing table the other day and I was nearly crying, because I loved my teenage bedroom too. Hehehe, I wish I had taken more photos at the time, I guess I will always remember it fondly so.

    I LOVE your room, it was very you. Hehehe I remember seeing all those amazing cushions that time I came to stay. Never realised you collected elephants!

    I've always had a fascination with attic rooms, I dream of having a secret hideaway in the attic one day :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you the entire time I was writing this! Your teen room was amazing! I had some better photos then these but none of them are digital they were from a disposable camera! Some of them are in the photo album you got me ages ago! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! I adore my attic room haha

    ReplyDelete