Wednesday 20 June 2012

Twenty Boy Summer

I recently read a book that I fell instantly in love with, so much so that I have to share! Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler follows the story of Anna and her best friend Frankie through a Twenty day Vacation in Zanzibar Bay.


The setting of this book is so beautifully crafted and described that I was ready to book myself a one way ticket to the destination in a heartbeat. This book is perfect for anyone that constantly daydreams of being on a sunny romantic beach like myself!

 

As a young teenager I always dreamed of having a perfect summer romance. Of course this never happened, but if it had, I would have wanted it to be exactly like Anna's relationship with Sam. However this book is about much more then just summer romance, unbeknown to Frankie, Anna had a relationship with her brother Matt just before he tragically died one year ago. The book is about her journey through love, loss and letting go of the past.

The book shares occasional flashbacks to Matt and Anna's time together, showing how present he still is in her mind. I found the book beautifully touching, and would really recommend it to just about every girl out there! This book may just be the most perfect summer read I have ever come across <3

xxx

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like your sort of book! I love it when a book comes along and makes you really fall in love with the story and characters xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an ultimate summer book, which creates great imagery. love the story line.

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete