Sunday 16 January 2011

Little Italy Rendezvous

So far in 2011 my spare time has been absorbed completely by books and reading! Entirely through choice 80% of my Christmas presents were books. I don't regret this at all!

I finished The Longest Whale Song which was quite a lovely children's book, now I am indulging in some travel writing, one that has been on my 'to read' list for quite a while - Eat Pray Love.



Since reading The Tent, the Bucket and Me, a great read which is so so funny I have been pinning away for other tales of travel. Eat Pray Love seemed like the obvious choice. During the beginning of the book I was afraid it would turn into something too based around religion for my liking, but now into the section on Elizabeth's stay in Italy I am finding myself longing to go there!

It sounds like such a beautiful country. Very romantic, atmospheric, laid-back, with plenty of good food on offer I think I may just have to visit here with my Mr one day! It sounds like a place after my own heart <3



Meanwhile accommodation for the London trip is sorted! Yay!
I hope I enjoy the trip, I'm not the biggest fan of City's although my 13yr old self thought London was the most wonderful place.

These days I prefer to keep to myself more, I only seem to enjoy travelling these days with my Mr, I feel safe and secure that way and know there isn't a chance of me getting lost with him around! And of course we just have fun together, I find it a lot easier to relax!

What has everyone been up to? I have started drawing again, this is always fun to begin with until I get over-faced with having to fill endless sketchbooks! I will post some drawing soon. Me and John have also discovered the most amazing soup which we have been having for lunch, today followed by a yummy stew :)

Neither of us seem to be able to work solidly after the holidays, we have been having longer lie in's then we should be doing, reading lots, cooking lots, and of course geeking a fair old amount!



I think we both wish we had another week off, back to uni tomorrow....

xxx

3 comments:

  1. I think we both just blogged at the same time without knowing!
    I am glad London is sorted for you, I think me and you have a lot in common (well apart from Dawsons, No Doubt and JWilson) I never feel safe travelling without Simon, it's just nice to know he's there to look after me.

    We have been lazing about all weekend long, avoiding tidying up! Instead we went back to the bookshop, which of course ended up in filling another bag...

    This book sounds really good, Italy does look like a beautiful place :)
    Hope uni goes okay for you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your latest post all these books you keep showing me! Wow I am in love! <3

    It sounds like you had a nice weekend! And yes I think we have a LOT in common, I always see things and find myself thinking of you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading Eat Pray Love a while ago. I loved the first Italy part - it made me want to go there very much! But then I got stuck at the India part. I have been very busy, so the book is still waiting for me! How lovely that you are going to visit London! It's such a wonderful city. You'd love Italy as well!
    Good luck at uni! XXX

    ReplyDelete