Wednesday 12 January 2011

London Calling

How hard do you think it would be to organise a trip to London?



The answer: VERY

The main problem is finding a place to stay that is clean, secure, and won't break the bank. I don't mind staying in a hostel although I really would prefer not to, I have accepted due to cost this is definatly the most practical solution.

Finding a suitable place is the problem! Everywhere I search I find bad reviews, mainly complaining about hygiene, noise, and most importantly security. Preferably I would like to stay in an all female dorm, just to feel safer and for my own piece of mind. Last year on a trip to Barcelona I stayed in a mixed dorm which turned out to be fine, but you never know who you may be put with. I am naturally an over cautious person.

I have been searching all day and have finally managed to find somewhere that looks nice, although it comes with extra cost and doesn't have the added perk of a free breakfast I am happy to pay if I will feel more comfortable. Fingers crossed the other girls I am travelling with will agree!

Has anyone ever stayed anywhere in London they would recommend or stay away from?

xxx

5 comments:

  1. a travelodge or premier inn. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, ive stayed in the Regent Palace Hotel on more than one occasion- its smack bang in picadilly circus. also lastminute.com have some good deals and some secret hotels- you tell them the area and they book youa hotel on the cheap the deal is you dont know where youre going til youve paid. ive ended up in a posh hotel before in knightsbridge with that. tho in a boxy room

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 I hope you find somewhere, I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

    Even tho I just spoke to you on the phone, I'm still going to write you a ridiculous long comment just because.

    I really want to see you, do you think me and Simon could come to Huddersfield one day? Like we did that day in Manchester. I know we always say it but PLEAAAAASE. I would really like to xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booked a place today finally found somewhere after about 5hours of searching, yesterday was not a fun day!

    Thanks for the suggestions! And yes Alice! Would love for you both to come over! <3 Just let me know the best time. Thank you for talking to me yesterday :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!
    Just popping by to tell you that you were following my old blog (mollysminiblog), and I've since got a new one!
    Please follow my new one, and I'll follow back :)
    http://cagedteaparty.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete