Saturday 23 March 2013

It doesn't matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you could go...


This post is for anyone who has ever wished for change. One month ago I was in a tiny flat that had bad damp, noisy neighbours. I liked my job, but there were never enough hours to go round,  and the hours I did get were either evening or weekends, the opposite of my Mr. I had also recently passed my driving test but was to nervous to go out in my car.

When 2013 came around I was determined to do something with my life. I was happy, in a loving relationship but my life was in a rut, and I knew it would stay that way unless I did something to change it.

I begun to apply for jobs, and was lucky enough to find one I knew I was perfect for and really wanted to do, I was determined to give it my all. I got an interview, and two days later was offered the job. Three and a half hours away from where I was currently living, it hasn't been easy to arrange things. I knew I couldn't afford to live in the area alone, and My Mr could not move with me until he found a job in the area as well. A house share seemed like the best option. I spent a lot of time online, narrowed it down to 3 house shares and spent a weekend in Ely hoping for the best.

I met a lovely girl called Nicky, during our brief meeting we bonded over our mutual love of animals and cups of tea. She also took me to meet her horse Shandy, it was instant love! When I was younger I spent as much time as I could at the local stables and couldn't wait to have the opportunity to do this again!

I am also now driving my car everyday on new roads, it may seem such a silly thing to some people but for me this is a huge achievement, and something I hope one day I will have the confidence to do without a second thought! To get to my new place of work I knew I had to get my car up and running but the freedom this has given me has been great, such a nice change from trains!

I have lived with my Mr since before we even got together, minus 3 months between leaving University and moving to Manchester. I remember worrying it would make things hard last time we were apart, but this time I don't have that worry, if things are meant to be they have a way of working out, and I think the two of us have always been a fine example of that :)

Within the last month I have changed my life in so many ways. I am so much happier, so much more content, and haven't felt this at home since my time in my beloved University town Huddersfield! In many ways where I am now is even better, although the city life is fun I have always been more of a country girl at heart, being here is so refreshing, and such a breath of fresh air, the closest city Ely is the smallest in England, and full of beautiful architecture and character. I keep discovering more and more hidden gems around but will save that for another post! I love my job, have hopefully made a new friend for life in Nicky, and have very much enjoyed having a girly room all to myself again, something I will be posting about soon!

So the message behind this post is if you aren't happy with your life, it IS in your power to change it, don't be afraid to, it may just be the best thing you ever do.
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Awww I loved this post so much! <3 Change isn't as scary as people think, sometimes you just have to be brave and take a chance. I'm starting to see that now. p.s I can't wait to visit xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't wait for you to visit either! I am sure you will love it here! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this post and think everything you've said is spot on. I went through the same thing a few years back, I was with someone I didn't love, living in a house I hated and I was about to graduate and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. My choices were to either stay up north away from my family and try to fix my relationship, work part time behind a bar whilst looking for a job related to my degree or go home. As much as I wanted to stay, I knew the right choice was to come home. And it was so hard at first. I'd gone from being in a serious relationship, living with my boyfriend, working and being a student - to going home and living with my parents again, becoming single and being a jobless graduate. But I pushed through and eventually I began to see that there was no doubts about the fact that I'd made the right choice. And it taught me that sometimes change is necessary, even if it's really hard and hurts a lot. I had to go through those few tough months and when I was feeling better, I was happier then I'd even been originally so it was more than worth it :) Therefore I love this post because I'm always telling people to make changes if they aren't happy and it's nice to read about someone having gone through something a bit similar to me :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am glad that everything you went through eventually lead to something better, I agree that although initially change can sometimes be a hard thing to do, eventually it will lead to better things :)xxx

      Delete
  3. So very true, but it's not always that easy. No excuse for not trying though.

    How about following each other? Let me know on my blog!

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sweetie, now following you <3

    ReplyDelete