Sunday 16 May 2010

I wish I was a mermaid

I know they say never judge a book by its cover, but who could fail to be totally enchanted and mesmerised by this?



For my birthday I am going to treat myself to a boxset of the first two books in this series, they come in a cute little box with two draws and a necklace. I have always had a love for childrens books and have a feeling these will be a real treat!

Anything mermaid had me captured as a child. The little mermaid is in my opinion the best disney film ever made. I have always loved being by the beach, I feel instantly happy with sand beneath my feet, and the sound of the waves close by <3

Every family holiday I would beg to go to the beach everyday, luckily my brothers were more then happy to be there too, building huge sandcastles and seeing who could dig the deepest hole! I spent most of my time in the sea, wishing I had a mermaid tail!







Last year my project at uni was beach inspired, I have never enjoyed a project so much, or got such a high mark! I wish I had left it for final year in a way. I'll have to think of a different spin for a project based on the same thing.

I am also naturally a lover of blue, blue is the most amazing colour perfect for a beach project, although my work seems to turn out better if I avoid colour all together usually! Last year sticking to white and blues seemed to work out ok so fingers crossed will be ok again in future projects...



xxx

2 comments:

  1. When I think of mermaids I think of MADISON :)
    I love Splash. Have you seen Aquamarine? I watched it because I knew it was about a mermaid!

    When you get the books please post more about them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Request noted! I have a few I have been thinking of posting about, mainly kids books but I love them <3 hehe. I love madison!! I'v not seen Aquamarine though! xxx

    ReplyDelete