Tuesday 23 November 2010

Get Festive

As some of my work has been requested and we are entering the festive season here are some of my old Christmas card designs :)











I have only recently gone through these photos to enter a Christmas card competition, having these at the ready I thought why not?

I made these last year, and my recent cards have much smaller designs so I can produce them much more quickly and cost effectively. I also got rid of my hand writing and replaced this with printed text.

To say these were my first attempt at professional cards I don't think they were bad prototypes! I feel all festive at the minuet and am thinking of presents and gifts already, is it too early to make a Christmas play-list?

Christmas is such a nice time of year, everyone seems happier and makes more effort to see the people they love <3
Christmas makes me think of being cosy inside, decorations, the smell of pine and spices like cinnamon, mulled wine and good food, time with family, time with friends, and of course the odd party and dance around :)

xxx

3 comments:

  1. These cards are stunning! Your embroidary is so detailed and the thread is lovely too. Hope you win the competetion :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's too early to make a play-list. My workplace doesn't seem to think so, either, they were playing Christmas songs in October!

    Good luck in the competition! I personally like the tree ones the best. My cards are going to need some work if they're going to match yours, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice - Thank you so much! maybe we should be the new bubble and squeak when I leave uni!!!

    Preece - Thank you! You must send me some photo's of your cards to! I am not holding my breath the competition was open to a lot of people! And in that case I bet you are sick of Christmas songs by now!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete