Sunday 21 November 2010

My People

On an Amazon hunt for cheap songs I came across this:



Much better then the Letters to Cleo version I used to love in my early teen years!

It funny how songs take you back, This one was playing at Camel club during my first week away from home as a fresher. The first night two of my favourite people in the entire world visited me:



What followed was one of the best years of my life, but I miss these girls like a limb. Seriously bad I hope they realise how much.

There are some friends that you can barley even speak to any more yet you still feel like you can't imagine life without them, and when you do see each other you just seem to pick up where you left off, I'm lucky enough to have 3 of these (Elizabeth Laughton you are the other!) <3

xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love that song! I listened to the Letters to Cleo version countless times. Good memories indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god my hair in that photograph!
    I know how you feel, seems like a lifetime ago. I never realised at college how lucky we were to see each other practically everyday. I would love to be in THAT textile class one last time, (even Lynn’s, when we shamefully ran for the bus)
    We’ve grown up now, I know I was an absolute pain at times, but you were always there for me no matter what. All that whining about boys! Jesus. I put you through hell didn’t I.

    You are the most special person; you are creative, talented, beautiful and such a wonderful friend. I miss you so much. Don’t think I don’t, because you are always in my mind. That box I was sorting out, reminds me of you, all those 60’s clippings!
    Can’t wait to see you soon <3xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. C. - Yes! I'm glad there is another fan out there! Makes me think 10 things I hate about you and yummy Heath Ledger <3

    Alice - <3 I can't believe how different life was back then, I miss us. I text Joey from time to time but unfortunately we don't have the same contact. I am so glad that we have kept in touch and you haven't forgotten me!

    Yeah you didn't half whine about boys but I sure I didn't half moan about a certain boy 2! We are so lucky to be with such perfect men these days!

    We will defiantly sort a Christmas outing can't wait :D xxx

    ReplyDelete