Wednesday 9 May 2012

Nail Diary - Entry 1

Time to add a bit of sparkle (literally) to my blog I think! Since deciding I was going to give nail art a go I have started to collect polishes and a few tools to help me do designs and patterns. It hasn't all arrived yet but I have now got enough to start having a go at designs!

My polish collection so far looks like this:


Most of those are the La Femme polishes I ordered for Amazon which I am fairly pleased with! One set has a lot of nice pastel pinky colours but the glitter polishes were a little disappointing. I thought the pink ones would have pink glitter, and the purple would have purple glitter etc but this is sadly not the case! Most of them have silver or gold glitter and the colour doesn't show at all, It also needs a couple of coats or the glitter is spread really thin but I will still get some use out of them and it just goes to show the saying is true - a lot of the time you get what you pay for and these were very cheap so I can't really complain!

My rhinestones and dotting tools have also arrived so I have started to have a bit of a play! Unfortunately I failed to take a photo of my first attempt I just did a reverse manicure which I was actually pretty pleased with! I didn't have my dotting tools at this point though, I will do another in the future and be sure to post! This is my first go with the dotting tools:

I Used -  the polish I am holding as the base coat La Femme Silky Pink. For the nail with the heart rhinestones I also used a coat of La Femme Sapphihe which is the purple glitter. The purple dots are La Femme Odyssey, and the white dots are Claire's matt white. The top coat is Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Ice Cube.


I think the look is a little girly for me due to the colours, I will have to try this in blue! I do however quite like the design, ALL designs will be my own unless otherwise stated. Part of the fun of this for me is being creative and coming up with my own designs. I am really pleased with the dotting tools even though I am still quite clumsy with them! Next time I will do the daisy's smaller, but I was too eager and just did them with the first tool I picked up! Not bad for a first go though I don't think!


My nail diary will now be a regular feature on my blog so watch this space!


xxx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous nails! I'm glad you've found a new hobby/interest in nail art, and looking forward to seeing more designs! xxx

    ReplyDelete