Friday 11 May 2012

Nail Diary - Entry 2

More nail excitement! I recently discovered nail art plates. These are metal plates with designs that you can stamp straight onto your nails. I knew this was something that I wanted to try, the trouble then was deciding which to go for! Konad seem to have the best reviews and my favourite plate by them was M57.


This arrived today along with some new polishes I ordered. I know for the plates konad special stamping polish is recommended, but other polishes do work, the image might just not stand out as much. I have 3 special konad polishes but was eager to try out my new blue colours by Barry M!


Playing around with the stamp was quite fiddly and took a while to begin with, but I am really pleased with the great range of designs you can create. I also have some other nail plates by Cheeky so I will be trying those at some point! Here is what I came up with -

I used - Two coats of Barry M blue moon the polish I am holding for the base coat & collection 2000 hot looks show off for the print and ring finger. For the ring finger stamp I used Konad special white polish. I them topped this with a coat of blue glitter - La Femme Venus and a top coat of collection 2000 lasting colour ice cube

I always prefer to do something a little different on the ring finger just to add a bit of interest! I am very pleased with my new blue colours as well. I think the stamped image would be a lot clearer with the konad special polish but I don't have a blue colour in that unfortunately!

Oh and another little thing I learned today is that nail varnish remover not only removes varnish from nails, but also strips wood varnish from coffee tables.... ooops

xxx

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love seeing these posts, I have no clue about how nail art works so it's lovely to see. I bet you are loving being creative with your nails xxx

    ReplyDelete