Wednesday 2 May 2012

Nails

Wow so I haven't blogged in agesss (again), most people who follow me are probably used to the huge gaps in my blogging by now though so never mind! The main reason for this is I want to try and only blog about things that are fun and exciting and when I feel inspired!

In my spare time right now I am:

* sewing, but each one is taking so long! I have done two cross stitches which I maybe will post about eventually...

* I play with the little pigs all the time but I have already done so many posts about them I am trying not to talk about them all the time! (Although Minnie is on my lap in a blanket right now looking super cute!)

* I read a lot, but have not reviewed lately as the main book I am reading is my driving theory book which would probably make for a very dull post! I have just bought a book by my fave teen author Catherine Robinson second hand though, I thought I had all of her books but don't remember this one! It took some hunting down as they all all out of print now but I can't wait for this one to arrive!

* But my new hobby which has got me blogging again is my nails!! We went on holiday to the Dales a few weeks ago and wanting to look all pretty for the trip I painted my nails for the first time in AGES. In my early teens I had different nails every week and loved coming up with different designs and playing around with different colour polishes. And painting my nails for the Dales (rhyme unintended) made me realise how much I have missed it! All my old polishes have probably dried up and gone all sticky, so I decided to invest in some new one's and some dotting tools and rhinestones whilst I am at it! Eventually I might get some plates and stamping tools but I will see how I get on with the other things first.
At the moment my nails are a random mix of every polish I tried in the shops when deciding which to buy but as my new ones arrive I will post pics! I was so happy to see that Claire's Accessories still have row upon row of polishes on display! Although it's a lot smaller then the old displays I remember. Most of the new polishes I have coming I ordered online so I just have to play the waiting game now!

The images are of what I have ordered and I picked up a few others base cotes in sparkly blue, pink, purple, and a matt white (for painting cute little daisy's!)What has been inspiring you all lately?

xxx


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've posted! I miss your posts, I never paint my nails, not even my toenails either.
    You should try nail art, I always think they look so pretty and you can be creative with it too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's what I am going to do I think! I haven't properly painted my nail in years but I used to love doing it! xxx

      Delete
  2. those glittery nail polish in the last photo are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they finally arrived today! Can't wait to try them all out!

      Delete