Sunday 29 May 2011

Alice's Wonderland

For my birthday last year I received lots of lovely gifts from my friend Alice.
Throughout our time at school I was in awe of the way she could find fantastic bargains, and her knowledge of everything beautiful and lovely.

Whenever we began a new art project she would bring me endless magazine clippings of things to place in my research file. Especially when I did my 60's project, Half the images in that book came from Alice's personal magazine collection! I will always be grateful for all her help <3

Last year on the first of June I excitedly opened up a parcel that I had received through the post. I found a gorgeous seletion of gifts, a beautiful notebook "For all the Secrets" She had written.

A Dawson's Creek diary, which was just amazing.
I think we are the only two people that understand each others love of this show!

Along with a few other surprises - including some lip-gloss with Ariel the mermaid on (amazing right?) came a selection of magazine clippings and pages.

These really excited me! She had included the following pages, which I can never get enough of.




In college she had first shown me these, images of Ann Shore's home. I instantly fell in love!
I think her house is so beautiful!
Along with these were many more pages, some to indulge my guilty pleasure of reading about Katie Price!

I think Alice knows my love of things better then anyone, we seem to have very similar interests. This includes our love of Jacqueline Wilson's writing, which we believe we can never get to old for no matter how many birthdays pass <3

xxx

4 comments:

  1. DAWSON'S CREEK!!!
    I watched it every morning before school :)
    It was my all time favorite show in grade school!!

    It sounds like you have such a wonderful friend in Alice - that is great to have someone who really gets you ♥

    Your birthday must be within the next couple a' days, so happy (early) birthday darling!! I have really enjoyed getting to know you through your blog!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and dreamy, I love romantic garden themes!

    xoxo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only just read this <3
    I always see things and think of you, even now in magazines if I see a pic of Twiggy I want to rip it out and give it to you!
    You are right, we will never grow old of Dawson or Jacqueline Wilson.

    I hope this years birthday present was as intriguing and special xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete