Friday 27 May 2011

You got me addicted

Ok so now my degree is coming to an end I am VERY much looking forward to some time to relax! Despite my love of all things creative scrap-booking/reading/writing/ my main past time is releasing the inner geek.

I don't see many lifestyle blogs include game reviews etc and was wondering if anyone else has an interest in this?? I know it's not something many people talk about but I have a few followers who I know for a fact geek like me!! So I thought I would do a post about my most played game of all time THE SIMS.


Right from the original I have been hooked, setting my alarm for 5am to get up and play without my mum telling me my hourly time slot was up! (Yes I actually did this, sneaking back to bed at 6.30 so she would be none the wiser!) When she introduced the hour a day rule me and my brothers would fight over who got the first turn... luckily this rule did not last for very long!

During my time at school me and a friend were talking about play-station game Vice City, a game my mum soon confiscated from our household. We were talking about being girl gamers and how we played these games, I must admit I was one for stealing cars and money, but she told me she used to buy a tractor and drive up to the hills armed with her camera to photograph the sheep. Excellent! As soon as we found the game I told my brothers whenever Mum enters the room simply play the game a different way and she will never know! Of course this did not work. (My brother left the game case in plain view...) However I found my friends story quite hilarious at the time!

My favourite Sims game has to be the Unleashed and Seasons expansion for Sims 1 and 2. After playing the game my usual way, creating long and complicated family trees and focusing on career tracks it is always refreshing to add a new expansion.

During the first Sims when Unleashed came out I played a pre-created house and character, an elderly lady living in a tiny cottage. She had a veg patch in her garden and had a gypsy-ish look about her. I adopted two pet cats, which soon produced a litter making them four. I had a lot of fun making her as self sufficient as possible and training her cats, who soon became loved companions.

It was the same when the seasons expansion came out for Sims 2. The focus on gardening and the garden club was a great new addition.


When apartments came out I was THRILLED to discover a trailer park! In no time I made a gypsy community, with a large veg patch and outdoor fire-pit. They spent many nights roasting marshmallows, stargazing and sharing tales around it. I had never had more fun playing the game!

The Sims 3 has yet to provide me with the same entertainment although I have really been enjoying the game, some of the expansions were a let down. I HATE world adventures. The previous holiday sets have been my next most loved expansions and this game just doesn't cut it! The glitches erasing some of my game slots have driven me crazy, but John won't let me install the Sims 2 and 3 at the same time! So for now I will continue my Sims 3 story and hope that the expansions improve!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely a "geek" as well when it comes to these games!! Did you ever play farmville on facebook? I became addicted and loved playing - Right when all my crops were done growing, I made sure I was ready to harvest & sell them, so I could plant more right away & keep the money flowing! hahaha

    I am nervous to put SIMS on my MAC because I know it made my computer at home "really" slow... do you have that problem still?

    I love hearing your reviews & especially love your elderly lady in the tiny cottage ; )

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo never got into farmville! I am addicted to Harvest Moon though! I always prefer console/pc games to facebook games :)

    The Sims killed my parents computer, but luckily I have an equally geeky boyfriend! He studied computers at university so he has one that runs it really well! xxx

    ReplyDelete