Thursday 30 September 2010

Close your eyes

I forgot to take a camera into university!! No pictures until next time I am afraid!
I am just writing today to get all the ideas in my head out.

I gave my first final year presentation today and my head has exploded with new ideas from the advice I was given, I need to buy myself a diary I update with my project ideas day to day, but I don't have one yet so for my own benefit it is all going on here for the moment! Sorry if this is totally boring for everyone else!

Some of it I don't even know if I will use but here goes:

Main focus of project
* I like that it is about something secret, something hidden away

Good ways to translate this in to my embroidery samples: Layering, smocking, embroidery anglais, hidden text

other ideas - reveal something through my work, try different drawing styles to come up with something new e.g draw a close up of subject without looking at the page.

Also take extreme close up's to help with mark making and detail, almost as if drawing what an ant would see.

* I am mainly interested in the garden as it is found after years of abandonment full of weeds and wild flowers

develop by buying flowers and drawing the deterioration, show how they shrivel, how the color changes, how the shapes of the petals changes.

find an area I can go to and draw from regularly, note how this changes with the seasons.

combine drawings of reality and my imagination, see how this changes the look of what I am drawing

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like lots of new ideas. I always read everything you write. Can't wait to see some of your work xxx

    p.s That fabric scrap will always mean the world to me

    ReplyDelete