Monday 14 January 2013

A Wise Old Owl








I seem to be having a bit of an owl phase at the moment, I picked up some owl stud earrings from River Island and have been on the hunt for a nice necklace to go with it. After a browse online I have ended up purchasing two! They are so cute I couldn't resist! I also had a go at some owl nail art today inspired by my previous post, I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.

I don't know if anyone else does this but I often link animals to people, and I have always thought of my Granddad as being an owl. He is calm, wise, and was always the man we could count on for knowledgeable advise (and the odd lecture!). He has always been the wise old bird of the family.

"A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard; Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?"

xxx

8 comments:

  1. I love owl jewellery, also the second picture and last picture are such cute illustrations! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for my jewellery to arrive! I can't get enough of it right now! x

      Delete
  2. These are so beautiful Georgi!! Such amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love them! I can't take the credit though all the images are of weheartit! x

      Delete
  3. Haha I love owls too! I want both in the fourth picture down, they're so intricate and cute xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those are some of my favourites, I love the one on the left especially :)

      Delete
  4. I love owls, they're so mysterious and pretty :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely owls! I used to think they were quite spooky, but now I do think they are very pretty too xxx

    ReplyDelete