Thursday 17 January 2013

The Bookseller



Working in a bookshop I am lucky enough to enjoy the perks of free book proofs from time to time *Happy dance!* Every now and again I get something especially exciting, here are a few of my favourites from last year!
First off Night School, when I read the letter from the publisher saying this was a cross between Harry Potter and Enid Blyton's Malory Towers I knew it was something I wanted to read! I love anything set in a school, and the mysterious setting of Cimmeria Academy did not disappoint! I have just finished the second book in the series and will most certainly be snapping up the third as soon as it is released!


I cannot even begin to describe how utterly fantastic' I'll be There' is. It may even quite possibly be one of my favourite books of all time. Not often do books make me cry, but this had me! The main focus of the book is the story of Emily's life and Sam's life and how they intertwine, although their backgrounds could not be more far apart. There are many little side stories along with the main storyline which are just as fantastic. In particular I loved the relationship that develops between Sam's brother Riddle and Emily's Mum. I have read countless boy meets girl type stories but nothing has ever tugged at my heartstrings quite like this one. It was on of the most touching books I have ever read. And certainly one that I will never forget. Whoever you are and whatever you normally read, you must read this book!!


And one for the kids (or kids at heart like me!) The Worst Princess was my favourite picture book of last year, it has a great rhyming story throughout and is about a Princess who runs away with the dragon instead of the Prince - just fantastic!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment