Thursday 10 January 2013

Make Believe









As a child I had a fascination with dens and secret hideouts. My bedroom floor was usually hidden under lots of blankets draped over chairs and tables, concealing a den. Inside would be a mad assortment of cushions, pillows, and big fluffy duvet blankets (as I often chose to sleep in my den rather then my bed). At one point I even managed to incorporate the bookcase so my den had shelves! I remember being very pleased with myself at the time, and started somewhat of a trend for mine and my brothers future den building.

When summer rolled around we also used to have our tent up in the garden for at least a few weeks over the summer for us to play games or camp out in. I always used to imagine when we opened up the tent instead of being in the garden we would be out in a forest or some place beautiful. I love all of the images above, they are very reminiscent of my childhood games of playing pretend and make believe.

xxx

4 comments:

  1. As a child I had the exact same fascination. Funny you should write this. I used to love making my own little hideout and den. Good times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It was one of my favourite past times I miss being a kid sometimes! x

      Delete
  2. I always dreamed of having a tree house when I was younger. My bedroom was too small for making dens. Those pics are all very magical ♥ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted a tree house soooo badly! I would love to make one for my own kids in the future <3 x

      Delete