Tuesday 6 July 2010

Hold your colour

This is it. Day 2 of my next university project.



I started my final year sketchbook and the pages have already somehow unglued themselves from the spine and started to fall out! I can't believe it and don't really know what to do about it... should I leave it? Try and glue them back in (risking gluing my drawings together) or should I buy a new book altogether and glue these pictures into it??? What does anyone think??



On the bright side I am fairly happy with the first few pages, I was going to add a hint of colour but couldn't bring myself to do it! Knowing me if I did it would ruin it so I think I will leave it, I just love pencil and ink drawings anyway, I am hoping my tutours next year will approve.

The embroidery teacher I used to have has left, and it took me 2years to figure out what it was she was trying to get from me so I don't really know what to expect from the new one.

I have decided to do a detailed drawing the right page of my book and a quick sketch on the left with a quicker interpretation, I love doing quick doodles and find they relate well to various stitch work.



At least I feel in a place where I know what I am doing this year. I am a lot more confident about my work so I hope it all works out. Fingers crossed I have made the right choice with this project.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these. The no colour thing could be something really special you know. I would hold off a little longer!

    Depending how neat you are wanting your sketchbook, try attaching them with string or something. Unless it has to be super neat for uni, a little shabby didn't hurt anyone :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so long as it looks well presented they don't mind, I'm still debating what to do!

    And thanks :) xxx

    ReplyDelete