Tuesday 27 July 2010

Once in a while

I have had a big case of writers block recently.
I have wanted to blog but have had no clue what to write!

So I decided to go back to my "Ooooh" Post list, which I have been following vaguely.

Quite by coincidence the next post on my list is a fictional book, it just so happens I am reading one at the moment that I cannot but down! It it truly fantastic.



They say never judge a book by it's cover, well I must admit I do have a fatal attraction to pretty packaging. That is why initially this book did not draw my attention. I just thought it would be another chick lit novel like so many out there which all follow the same pattern.

However after reading a review of this book in a magazine it caught my attention a little more. Far from fluffy and lighthearted I found out the story was about two girls accused of seducing, torturing and murdering their former teacher. One of the girls had been convicted and one had been set free.

After her release Poppy is determined to prove her innocence, I have a quarter of the book left to read and have no clue how it will end, the whole book flicks from past to present, from Poppy to Serena and gradually you find out more and more but I am still waiting for that vital piece of information that will make the story fit so I can find out what really happened!

I only started this book three days ago and it has been glued to me ever since! Cleverly crafted, this book is a must read for anyone after a gripping psychological thriller that will have you page turning like there is no tomorrow!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really creepy! I don't think I would be able to read something so deep.
    I thought it was going to be about ice cream when I read the title! Hope the ending is as good <3xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a little creepy! The teacher was horrible and there's some nasty parts but it is a real good read! The ending had a twist which is always good! xxx

    ReplyDelete